The Royal Canadian Mounted Police and DEAL.org respects the Official Languages Act and the relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information and services on this site is available in both English and French (or in one language only if a unilingual office). However, users should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act is only provided as a convenience and is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Copyright / Permission to Reproduce
Materials on this Web site were produced and/or compiled by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada, and other relevant information.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act, by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada’s copyright administrator, Communication Canada. Through the permission granting process, Communication Canada helps ensure individuals / organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes please contact:
Publishing and Depository Services
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Ottawa ON K1A 0S5
Some of the materials and graphical elements found on Government of Canada Web sites, including DEAL.org, are subject to copyrights held by other organizations. This is particularly true of sites that are jointly operated by a Government of Canada institution and an external organization as part of a collaborative arrangement. In such cases, some restrictions on the reproduction of materials or graphical elements may apply and it may be necessary to seek permission from the rights holder prior to reproducing the material.
To obtain information concerning copyright ownership and restrictions on reproduction on this site, please contact the RCMP at:
73 Leikin Drive
M3, 3rd floor, suite 202
Links to Web sites not under the control of the Government of Canada (GoC) are provided solely for the convenience of users. The GoC is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The GoC does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-GoC sites that are not subject to the Official Languages Act and to which the Royal Canadian Mounted Police links, may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.
Royal Canadian Mounted Police Privacy Notice
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police Web sites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an e-mail or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this department is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police does not normally use “cookies” to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. The system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them. (A “cookie” is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Information on individual visitors is used by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
- The Royal Canadian Mounted Police is a participant in the Government of Canada Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), which gives you the opportunity to communicate with the Department in a confidential manner. You may find additional information on PKI and how to use it here.
- Questions or comments regarding this policy, or the administration of the Privacy Act for the Royal Canadian Mounted Police may be directed to :
Departmental Privacy and Access to Information Coordinator
73 Leikin Drive
Ottawa, ON K1A 0R2
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.